- having or showing clear ideas about what should happen or be done in the future
- having or showing a powerful imagination
- of or relating to something that is seen or imagined in a dream or vision
Every person possesses visionary gifts, and is able to dream about a brighter future. However, some people are specifically gifted of God with unusual visionary skills and talents.
Here are several visionary statements to help us gauge our visionary aptitude:
- While some say, “No one understands” the visionary says, “I am surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses, and I am not alone.”
- While some see a problem, a visionary sees a race to run.
- While some worry, “What if I trip?” a visionary wonders, “How fast can I go?”
- While some see a “finisher” T-shirt, a visionary fixates on the victory lap.
- While some fix their eyes solely on their own strengths and abilities, visionaries glue their eyes to Christ.
- While some lament the sacrifices that must be made, visionaries celebrate the lives that will be changed along the way.
- While some count the cost, visionaries count the reward and joyfully move toward its acquisition.
“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses…let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith.” (Hebrews 12:1-2)