How many different miracles are you praying for right now? If you’re like me, you’re probably talking to God about dozens of situations that need His miraculous touch. And while its good and essential that we seek God for His supernatural power, it’s also important to make sure that we’re taking advantage of the natural power that’s He’s buried inside the Christian faith.
If we DO the things that Jesus calls us to do, supernatural power will flow through us naturally. Think about it.
- If we withdraw each day for times of worship, solitude, and prayer, our stress and anxiety levels will decrease as we offload our cares on to Him.
- If we forgive the people who hurt us, our tension and agitation will drop.
- If we treat our bodies as the temple of the Holy Spirit, and thus exercise in moderation and carefully watch what we put in them, we will reap the physical benefits of increased strength and flexibility, as well as the natural antidepressants that are triggered and released when we work out.
- If we live with integrity and a clean conscience, our sleep will be more restful and untroubled.
- If we lay our lives down for our closest friends, we will reap the wondrous benefits of loyal friendship.
- If we stay sexually faithful and pure, we will never have to worry about scandal or regret.
The Christian life is a miraculous life–and even while we wait for God’s supernatural touch, we can create lifestyles that innately invite His natural touch.